(These Rules are stated in the CC&Rs or adopted by the Supervisory Committee pursuant to the CC&Rs. They are applicable to Homeowners, Guests and Renters.)
1. Noise: Nuisance noise levels are prohibited at all times. Quiet Time 10pm – 8am: No noise or congregating in outdoor spaces, such as patios, paseos, malecon areas, pool area and roads.
2. Home Occupancy: Renters are limited to two persons per legal bedroom. No exceptions. Violators will be treated as trespassers and the Municipal Police will be summoned. Guests without a Homeowner present are subject to the same rule.
3. Speed Limit: 8 miles per hour.
4. Vehicles & Parking: All vehicles must have a “Vehicle Permit” on windshield. Two vehicles per home. Excess vehicles park outside complex. Motor homes, campers, trailers and buses are not permitted at any time. Motor cycles may be used between home and gate only. Vehicles impeding traffic will be towed.
5. Visual Nuisance: Do not hang laundry, wetsuits, clothes, bathing suits, towels and similar items on railings and parapets. Umbrellas, flags, banners and similar items may not block forward ocean views. Drones may not be flown over any homes or any common area other than the ocean and beach areas.
6. Public Behavior: Disorderly conduct, public nudity, illegal drug use, bribery are prohibited. Law enforcement will be called.
7. Misconduct: Physically threatening a person and similar hostile behavior is prohibited. Law enforcement will be called.
8. Glass Containers: No glass containers, bottles and pottery are permitted in any area outside of homes, including the malecon areas, paseos, pool area and roadways. Please use plastic cups or aluminum cans.
9. Fireworks: No fireworks or exploding devices allowed at any time.
10. Animals: Renters and guests cannot bring pets into the complex. The pet and its owner will be evicted from the complex.
11. Fire Pits: To be attended at all times. No roof top fire pits allowed. Please be considerate to residences downwind of a fire pit.
12. Pool and Spa: The pool and spa are open from 8am to Midnight. No use at other times. Wetsuits are prohibited in pool and spa. Diapered children are prohibited in pool. Children under 13 years must have adult supervision in the pool and no children under 15 years are permitted in pool at any time. Other posted rules apply.
13. Beach: The beach is closed from Midnight until 6am. Fires are permitted in fire rings only.
14. Children’s Playground and Putting Green: Hours are from 9am to 6pm. Posted rules apply. Children must be supervised by an adult.
15. Tennis Court: Hours are from 8am to 10pm. Tennis only. Tennis attire and tennis footwear required. Posted rules apply.
16. Streets and Walkways: The use of skates, skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles and golf carts is prohibited on the malecon areas and paseos. Please be considerate of pedestrians on the streets.
17. Homeowner Areas. The library, computer room and gym may only be used by homeowners. Minors must be accompanied by the homeowners.
18. Private Areas. Guests and Renters are permitted on a homeowners property only with the express invitation of the homeowner. Violators will be treated as trespassers.
19. Solicitors and Vendors: Without written approval from Administrator, solicitors and vendors will be treated as trespassers.
20. Guests: Only homeowners are permitted to have guests and visitors. Guests or visitors of renters are not be permitted and their presence in the community will be treated as a trespass.
Las Gaviotas HOA Fines
The Las Gaviotas Rules are a matter of common sense & safety and will be strictly enforced at all times. A Violation of the Rules may result in a Fine assessed against the homeowner. Repeated or serious violations may result in Mexican Law Enforcement being summoned and eviction of the offender(s) may occur.
Fines for Violation of Las Gaviotas Rules
1. Excessive Noise $100.
2. Speed Limit $100.
3. Vehicles & Parking $100.
4. Visual Nuisance $100.
5. Public Behavior $100.
6. Misconduct $500.
7. Glass Containers $100.
8. Fireworks $200.
9. Animals $100.
10. Fire Pits $100.
11. Pool and Spa $100.
12. Beach $100.
13. Children’s Park $100.
14. Tennis Court $100.
15. Streets and Walkways $100.
16. Homeowner Areas, Trespass and Eviction $100.